WHAT WE CAN PROVIDE

DIRECT 1:1 INSTRUCTION

We develop individualized programs for each child, reflecting deficits and focusing on promoting verbal behavior. Goals and objectives are derived from these programs, and Registered Line Technicians (RLTs) work directly with the clients 1:1 implementing these goals. General interventions include Discrete Trial Training (DTT), Intensive Teaching Trials (ITT), and Natural Environment Teaching (NET). Clients typically spend about 30% of their clinical hours working in controlled environments on specific skill domains, including: visual performance, receptive language, motor imitation, echoics, manding (requesting), and tacting (labeling). The other 70% of instruction is spent in natural environments, promoting generalization of DTT / ITT targets, teaching peer manding, and working on group and social skills. 

ASSESSMENTS &

BEHAVIOR REDUCTION PLANS

We do not provide evaluation services. Diagnostic evaluations must completed by a licensed psychologist. 

 

ATLAS primarily utilizes the combination of two different assessment tools: Sunberg's Verbal behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VBMAPP) and Partington's Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills Revised (ABLLS-R). Both are educational tools typically used with ABA to measure basic communication and functional skills of individuals with ASD or other developmental delays. 

In addition, ATLAS utilizes the Pre-School Inventory of Repertoires for Kindergarteners (C-PIRK) assessment and the Verbal Behavior Developmental Assessment (VBDA) for clients transitioning to school. 

GROUP INSTRUCTION

Lead by a BCBA, group instruction focuses on the essential skills needed for assimilation into a school classroom. Objectives are pulled from various domains, including: social, play, group, requesting, adaptive and daily living. Groups will be no larger than 8, and in addition to the BCBA there will be a 2:1 ratio of students to therapists. 

Our director has a background in education, having acquired a Masters in Education Curriculum from Nicholls State University. He worked as a special education teacher for 2 years following the CABAS method. In addition, he has spent 3 years working in various outreach programs across southern Louisiana, with children of varying exceptionalities, behaviors, and ages. 

PARENT TRAINING

Parent involvement is at the forefront of our model. Parents will receive weekly training from a Board Certified Behavior Analyst for at least 1 hour, focusing on the individual needs of the client. Therapists will be present to model procedures or techniques used in the clinical setting. The BCBA case manager will offer in home solutions, and at the request of the parent, will offer in home consultation.

In addition, monthly group meetings will be held for general discussion concerning behavior reduction, communication training, and social skills building. Parents will also have access to daily session notes and monthly progress reports. 

  • Facebook
  • Instagram

504-265-0548

1000 Behrman Highway

Gretna, LA 70056

ATLAS AUTISM CENTER